- Category: Nation
12 Sep 2012
- Written by Zaff Solmerin / Correspondent
DIRECTOR General Nicanor Bartolome, National Police chief, has approved the dismissal from the service of the policeman who preyed on the son of the Metro Manila police commander, Director Leonardo Espina, and four others.
Eleven more police officers are on the brink of losing their jobs for committing various offenses, including criminal acts.
Earlier, Espina at his level signed the dismissal paper effective Wednesday of Senior Police Officer 4 Jose de la Peña, a member of the Mobile Division of the Quezon City Police District (QCPD).
De la Peña allegedly asked P20,000 from the son of Espina whom he accused of having “phone sex” inside his car on September 4.
Also dismissed were Police Officer 3 Rodolfo de Jesus, PO3 Carlos Bromeo, PO2 Crodel de Jose and PO2 Dionel Rosario for grave misconduct and serious irregularity in the performance of duty.
Also on the dismissal list for final approval were Supt. Rogelio Rosales for serious neglect of duty and AWOL (absence without official leave) status, PO1 Adolfo Bautista Jr. for serious neglect of duty and less grave neglect of duty, PO2 Ferdinand Raquin for grave misconduct (violation of National Police Commission Memorandum Circular 2007-001), PO2 John Pierre Bautista and PO1 Benjamin Gonzales for robbery extortion, PO1 Rommel Isidro for positive use of dangerous drugs, SPO2 Federico Lictawa for serious neglect of duty and AWOL, PO1 Nicoli Vigilia for grave misconduct (serious physical injury), PO1 Eric Babasa for murder, PO1 Rustico Gabuco for homicide and serious neglect of duty and on AWOL status, and PO2 Repablo Genarao for grave misconduct, illegal discharge of firearms-alarm and scandal.
Espina has ordered all district commanders within his jurisdiction to resolve all pending cases involving policemen and submit to him the results in 30 days.
“Everybody should behave under my command,” Espina told commanders during his first command conference at Camp Maj. Gen. Tomas B. Karingal in Quezon City.
In the case of de la Peña, all his benefits such as his retirement and pension amounting to millions of pesos have been forfeited. He is also barred from re-employment in the police service.
Police records showed that de la Peña had been dismissed in 2009 but was able to return to the service for still-unknown reasons.
His case then was the illegal search of the car of the son of Gen. Celso Castro.
Espina said the incident happened on November 7, 2009, when de la Peña and four police officers accosted Castro’s son at the corner of Betty Go Belmonte and Dama de Noche streets in Barangay Mariana, New Manila, Quezon City. He said de la Peña even drove the private vehicle while the victim was told to ride in the police patrol car.